September 29, 2017

Peanut Crunch Biscuits - Vegan - Gluten Free

I love peanuts!!  Peanut butter, even better! I slather it on everything, and although most people will be thinking, "fat! calories!" I have gained no weight with my peanut obsession whilst on my plant based diet. Peanuts have so much nutrition, more protein per weight than meat, and it is a plant food, so NO cholesterol.  In fact, I eat about one jar of peanut butter per week and my cholesterol had dropped by 2 points after 6 months of going fully plant based and giving up eggs, the last animal product I was consuming.
Enjoy nuts! I'm able to build up muscle and strength, consistently, that I was never able to build up on animal protein.


So, here is my peanut crunch biscuit recipe!  Very easy to make in the food processor, and eat....

Ingredients

1 cup ground cashews
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup coconut flour
6 tbsp maple syrup
2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch salt (if using salted peanuts, omit this)
1/4 cup nut milk
2/3 cup peanuts (mixed through at the end so they are not too broken up by the mixer blades)



Let's get baking!

Place the cashews, almonds, and coconut flour in the food processor and grind to a fine flour for approximately 1 minute



Add everything else, except the whole peanuts.  Blend until it is combined and almost at dough stage.
Add the peanuts now and give the food processor another wiz for about 10, until the peanuts are broken up a little, and the dough starts to form.




Roll out spoonfuls of the dough between your hands, press down into a biscuit shape (they will not spread in the oven) and place on the prepared flat biscuit tray.



Bake in a preheated oven 160 Celsius for approximately 20 minutes depending on the size of your biscuits.  I made 12 largish biscuits.



Of course, they smell delicious baking in the oven...yum!  Enjoy!!!

x Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed