April 19, 2010

Raindrops on roses...

Its that time of year again, when I breath a sigh of relief that the summer is over! The garden also comes back to life in a somewhat spingtime form, enjoying the coolness after the crisping heat of summer. Life is good again! A friendly parrot stopped by to tell us so :)
I love coming outside after a rain to find silvery raindrops on all the roses and foliage, its a magical feel to be in a glistening garden, breathing in the cool sweet air after the harsh South Australian summer.





to see more photos, please visit my flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/22313200@N02/page2/


5 comments:

  1. Are those parrots common around where you live?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful clarity in your photos sarah. Those rainbow lorikeets can be hard to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather :) Yes they are, but I often only see them way up high in the trees, or flitting past as I'm driving, so quick all you see is a flash of green ;) So this was pretty cool, there was actually a couple more behind the bush, just love the colours!
    Hi Emma, yes, I was pleased how well they turned out considering it was from the kitchen window lol Hope they come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness... your garden is gorgeous. The colors are breathtaking. Hugs, Vicki

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed